Thanks for visiting!
Pre purchase and post purchase plumbing inspections.
A majority of building inspections do not cover specific plumbing issues.
Plumbing issues like broken aging drainage and storm water, blocked drains, tree root intrusion, gas leaks and leaking showers can be some of the most costly repairs.
There are many hidden problems that will surface after purchasing a new home or investment property and plumbing problems are high on that list.
On the other hand, if you are selling your property and you have an inspection carried out, you will know in advance of any defects. you will have the opportunity to repair them before the first potential buyer ever sees your house.
An inspection signals to the buyer that you are a conscientious seller. If a buyer is torn between two house, your house and another that has not been pre - inspected, it is very possible that they may feel more comfortable with yours.
Using state of the art CCTV camera equipment, we are able to inspect and provide footage and photos of our findings on the detailed report.
CCTV camera equipment is able to detect structural defects and blockages
* tree root intrusion
* broken pipes
* condition of junctions and pipes and bends
Gas safety checks.
Did the previous owner regularly check the gas appliances?
Gas appliances, such as heaters and stoves, should be properly maintained by a licensed gas fitter. If not, they may pose a health risk through carbon monoxide poisoning.
Failing to ensure gas appliances are safe to use or properly maintained can result in death, serious injury or considerable property damage. Carbon monoxide leaks are hard to detect as the poisonous gas is tasteless, colourless and odourless.
Comprehensive Plumbing Inspections test for
* Pressure test on gas lines, check for leaks
* correct instillation of appliances to Australian standards
* CO emissions, gas leaks and safe operation
* efficiency of appliances
Get brick chimneys and gas heaters checked this winter to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning
Energy Safe Victoria is urging all Victorians with gas heaters built into brick chimneys to have them tested for carbon monoxide spillage before winter. This includes space and room heaters and decorative log fires.
While brick chimneys are designed to safely remove combustion products from the home, they can deteriorate over time. Any holes in the mortar or brick work may stop the chimney drawing properly. If the fault is significant, it may create back pressure and push toxic carbon monoxide into living areas.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odourless, colourless gas that can be produced by faulty, unserviced gas heaters and it can be fatal.
In the past decade nine Victorians have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, including brothers Chase and Tyler Robinson who died in their Mooroopna home in May 2010.
Give Peter a call to discuss or send an email via our contact form. 0448 026 041